Maintenance Requests

The Administrative Services Unit is responsible for building management at 21 N. Park Street, which includes building maintenance requests.  Facilities Planning and Management’s Physical Plant department is responsible for the maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, utilities and vehicles.  All costs associated with building maintenance are paid for centrally. The Physical Plant can also modify or improve departmental space, but these requests need to be covered by departmental funds. 

What do I do if I notice a building maintenance issue?

  • Option 1:  If your request is urgent, call the Central Answering and Response Service unit (CARS) by dialing 3-3333 from your office phone. If you are calling from a cell phone, call 608-263-3333.
  • Option 2:  You can email the building manager at and the building manager will contact the Physical Plant.
  • Option 3: You can submit a work request via the Physical Plant’s website by clicking on the following link: You will have to log in with your NetID and password; click on the Request Services tab and fill in your maintenance request; click submit request.

What's the difference between building maintenance requests and departmental service requests?

Building maintenance requests refer to the building’s general wear and tear. The costs of these requests is covered centrally and the notification process above would be followed.  Departmental service requests refer to modifications and/or improvements to work space.  The department submits and covers the cost of these requests. For example:

Building Maintenance Requests

  • malfunctioning doors, elevators, air handling units
  • lights burned out
  • clogged drains
  • leaking pipes
  • icy sidewalks
  • carpet/floor damage

Departmental Service Requests

  • adding/removing keyboard trays
  • workspace reconfiguration
  • office remodeling
  • key requests