Workers' Comp / Injury

How and When to File a Claim

If you've sustained an injury or contracted an illness at work, please notify your supervisor as soon as possible. This is true even in circumstances where your injuries or illness may be minor and do not require medical treatment.

To begin a Worker's Compensation claim, complete the Employee's Work Injury and Illness Report and submit it to your supervisor or Worker's Compensation Coordinator.

Your supervisor and employing department will then complete the Supervisor's Report of Injury and then Employer's Report of Injury.

These forms will then be sent to the Risk Management, 21 N. Park St. Suite 5301, Madison WI 53715. In a short time, the employee will be contacted by a worker's compensation examiner.